Prophylaxis & Early Treatment in Nursing Homes – a Webinar with Dr Robin Armstrong and Dr George Fareed
We are pleased to present the video recording of our webinar with Dr Robin Armstrong and Dr George Fareed, two medical doctors who have been proactive and have implemented early treatment for COVID-19 in nursing homes.
While in the vast majority of cases, only non-therapeutic approaches are used to combat COVID-19 in nursing homes, this webinar discusses very concrete, simple, cost effective prophylaxis and therapeutic solutions.
This is a pretty comprehensive webinar which should be of the highest interest to medical staff, health care workers, managers and staff in working homes, and to anyone seeking concrete solutions to reduce the number and severity of outbreaks in these high risk settings.
Here are some of the aspects covered in the webinar.
- Introductory remarks by JP Kiekens
- The experience of Dr Armstrong at The Resort in Texas City
- The experience of Dr Fareed in Brawley, California
- Two French studies about early treatment in nursing homes
- Possible Prophylaxis Protocols
- Possible Early Treatment Protocols
- Early detection to prevent outbreak
- Isolation of residents (suspected or confirmed +)
- Considerations regarding the staff
- Importance of Planning
- Concluding Remarks
Enjoy the webinar and spread the word!
You can also watch the webinar at this link on minds.com.