Interview with Professor Joseph Varon, MD – Clip #1
We are pleased to present the first clip of an extensive interview with Joseph Varon, MD, who is Professor of Acute and Continuing Care at the University of Texas Health Science Center and Chief of Staff/Chief of Critical Care at United Memorial Medical Center in Houston, Texas.
This first clip is the beginning of the interview, and is about the stages of the disease and associated symptoms.
While various clips will be published in the coming days, the complete interview can already be accessed by Patrons at this link.
You can see all the clips so far on this PLAYLIST.
Here is the outline of the one hour interview:
PART 1: THE DISEASE PHASES & ASSOCIATED TREATMENTS
- mildly symptomatic patients – home or in hospital
- pulmonary phase – early and late stages
PART 2: KEY QUESTIONS / THEMES
- How to avoid mortality, lung damage and other sequels
- “Try to avoid intubation if possible”
- Medical personnel: how to avoid infection, how to protect them
- Early Treatment: who to treat; challenges; telemedicine
- Early Treatment and Young People
- What about the elderly?
- What more do you need to know? What research would be helpful?